Sienna 4WD ranked as LEAST stolen - why?

Sienna 4WD ranked as LEAST stolen - why? Would it differ for 2WD?

Reply to
joe

Perhaps because Siennas do not appeal to a gangster looking for a flashy ride? Perhaps because the Sienna is not as likely as the Escalade to have spinning chrome wheels and a sub-woofer that thieves want?

I doubt it.

Reply to
Ray O

Oh crap - here I thought I had gotten the ultimate pimp-mo-bile. j

Reply to
joe

  1. Nobody wants them.

  1. Yes, but with the immobilizer it makes it more difficult to steal.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

There is a customer that routinely comes into our dealer for service with an 04 AWD Sienna (no spare tire) with 20 inch chrome wheels and sidewalls the width of two fingers. Even with two child seats in the van, all logic is lost on this guy when trying to explain how imprudent his tire/wheel selection is. He's been in twice (that I've seen) on a flatbed to have a blown tire replaced.

Reply to
qslim

Maybe because it isn't very popular in high auto theft areas?

Reply to
Bonehenge

Aren't they still working out some glitches with that one, too? Besides, even I would go domestic for a minivan.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Toyotas are easy marks for police tracing, that is if the crooks can get them running to drive.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

You mean the Escalade? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I thought all modern vehicles had immobilizers and keys with chips now.

Reply to
Ray O

They do except for some of the cheapies

Reply to