tachometeer stuck at zero

Hi There, I have a 1991 Celica GTS with a tachometer that is stuck at zero. The needle surges and pulsates at zero. The car runs and idles normally. If it is a cable or wire trouble, can you give me location. Thanks in advance, paul.

Reply to
91celica

Check in the vicinity of any aftermarket accessories like radios, remote starters, ipod interfaces, satellite receivers, etc. and make sure that the accessories did not tap the tachometer wire. You will need an electrical wiring diagram to identify the proper tach wire. I believe that the tachometer gets its signal from the engine computer.

Reply to
Ray O