Think you used enough FIPG there, Butch?

Friggin thing leaks this time...

Of course, I think I'll wait the hour or two as suggested in the instructions...

Reply to
hachiroku

Hachi...

WTF are you talking about?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

He is putting his transmission pan back on with FIPG (Formed In Place Gasket)....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I think "Butch" refers to his wife.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I get that - but why is he talking to "Butch"?

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"JoeSpareBedroom" "Wickeddoll" ...

Low blow...

But then, he doesn't speak very highly of his ex-wives, so maybe it does.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

read the first line...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, I was referring to your husband...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sorry Joe, but...

Owned.

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Even the mentally disabled need to win occasionally. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, but this time just wasn't your turn...

Reply to
Hachiroku

HE STARTED IT!!!! ;P

Reply to
Hachiroku

Joey seems to be losing consistently.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sheesh Hachi! If it continues to leak, (it probably will because the oil breaks the ability of it to contact the surface) try it over again and clean both surfaces off with brake cleaner before applying the FPIG again. Then wait at least two hours, it may take longer depending on the temperature, overnight to be sure if you're not in a hurry. IMHO. Good luck!

Reply to
user

So far, so good...

I did just that; scrubbed both mating surfaces with Brake cleaner and liberally applied FIPG (yes, he did say *liberally*!). Let it sit for almost 3 hours before filling and starting, then took it on the same loop I drove yesterday, and then a little more.

Also looked at the pan closer and noticed that the points where the bolts go through the pan were raised above the level of the rest of the lip and beat them back with a hammer so the lip was the same level all around.

Everything seems OK so far!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The hammer, A.K.A. swing press, kinetic alignment tool, BFH, persuader, tool of last resort is always handy to have around!

I once looked at a customer's car that had some kind of harmonic buzzing noise a certain speeds. Put the car up on a lift, gave it a few love taps, and the noise went away. My note on the repair order was a "kinetic adjustment on catalytic converter heat shield." The customer was very pleased that some guy in a suit came all the way from Japan and personally worked on her car!

Reply to
Ray O

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, you gots some *good* ones!

Reply to
Hachiroku