Thinking of getting a Camry

rokigawa@tristarassociatesDOTcomn (Ray O) wrote;

I've always referred to it as the Achilles Heal of the Toyota brand. Truly, it was the only thing wrong with all of the vehicles.

But, now that my Infiniti does the same thing, perhaps it's a Japanese brand thing?

It's probably more of a Japanese rubber supplier thing.

Reply to
Ray O

How well does the Corolla do in wrecks? The 6000 does very well in wrecks from research. Someone said they had a 6000 that had a truck rear-end them at 25mph and the truck was totalled but the 6000 survived and drove on with only a small ding. Anyhow, you may have a good point with the performance of the Corolla, but I still would like to know what would the cost of insurance be for the Corolla versus the Camry for my age group. I'm ready to pay more for my car insurance but if it's going to be getting close to $100 a month, I will be scared away. My 6000 costs me $51 a month. It appears the Corolla doesn't fare as well as the Camry in crash tests. (It does however get an acceptable overall rating with a few weak points that get a score of marginal. There were no poor ratings. The Camry's has all good ratings except for in one category where it got an acceptable.) I do take two other people with me to school, so I'm responsible for them as well if I were to get in a wreck. One of the passengers once did not have her seatbelt on when it was icy out, and I insisted that she put it on. I refused to leave the school parking lot until she put it on. (I wonder if she got rebellious halfway home and took it back off.)

Reply to
Travis King