Toyota and Daytona 500

Closer than you think. They all run with Ford 9" rears. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

A Toyota made it in the top 10 this week. Pretty good considering that this was only the second time that they ran the cars in a race.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Racing is a team sport. Unless, of course, the driver gets out and changes his own tires and fuels his car. By the time he is done, the rest of the cars will be coming in for another pit stop. He would have get the sponsors, do the engineering and build the car. (Not even Mike Hunter could do that today. He would still be trying to find out what the VIN should be. -;))

There are a bunch of good who don't do well because they are with a second rate team.

It is truely a team effort. So ti comes down to the teams' skill, money, teamwork and luck to win a race. In yesterday's race, the second place car, which probably would have run done the first place car got eliminated from contention when it got a flat tire under yellow. The driver who came in the same place in Daytona was lucky, too. His car was once again on its tires (instead of its roof like it was when it crossed the finish line). This was particularly lucky because the car was on fire when it stopped and there was about 40 lbs of dirt on the steering wheel.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I should add that the car shares zero parts with any production Toyota. It is American built of American parts (VIN begins with 5, however). How well a Nascar cars does has virtually nothing to do with how well the same car brand does on the road.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Making it similar to every other car on the track.

But then again, why would you WANT a carburated V8 with trailing arm suspension and a solid rear end in a street car?

Reply to
B A R R Y

You because I want to carry stuff in my truck?

Reply to
Jeff

Your truck is a car? My truck is a truck.

You'd want a carb over fuel injection? Why?

Reply to
B A R R Y

no, I was think of the suspension on a Silverado.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff