toyota avalon hesitation and running poorly

My 2001 toyota avalon xls had hesitation problems and often had trouble accelerating and stalled at traffic lights. the vsc light came on as well as the service engine light .On this model the mass air flow sensor can be cleaned very easily.Locate the sensor on the round duct just after the air breather box.It is staring at you- there is a plug on the side of it about two inches wide ,unplug it . there are two short philips head screws holding it in place :remove them. Gently pull up on the sensor .It is about two inches long -you will notice two shiny wires one sort of v-shaped now look down into the body of the sensor you will see two tiny horizontal wires . GET SOME RUBBING ALCOHOL OR IN A PINCH (VODKA) AND AN ARTIST BRUSH AND CLEAN THESE WIRES---GENTLY-- BLOW ON THEM TO DRY THE ALCOHOL -PLACE THE SENSOR BACK ,PUT THE SCREWS BACK IN .ATTACH THE PLUG.------I did this and The car ran like new and shortly after ,the dash vsc lights went off. Good luck!!!!!

Reply to
turk

I dunno...but I do know that if I were going to use Vodka for anything, I wouldn't be cleaning sensors with it! The trip to the whatever store costs a lot less that brushing Absolut on auto parts! ;)

Besides that, Vodka has other chemicals and compounds, such as sugars and carbohydrates that may not fare well with the sensors and other components. You may end up with drunken ants!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
turk