Toyota bought back my Echo

I recently took Toyota to arbitration and won. They bought back my Toyota Echo.

I have made a webpage about my experience at CAMVAP for others to read.

''

CAMVAP Joe

Congratulations!

You had a 'noise' in your car and got the big bad Toyota to buy your car back!

Now I would suggest you go buy a Ford or Crapsler...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have to admit to being HIGHLY suspicious of this...rather trolly...post.

I live in Canada and have some knowledge of CAMVAP. CAMVAP ONLY kicks in once the manufacturer has given up fixing the car. It does not appear from the OP's Web site that the dealer actually gave up on this issue.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

This sounds like Art has moved to Canada.....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Try a Kia or Hyundai next, they need some complainers, I meant customers. Scott

Reply to
zonie

You suggest you have some knowledge of CAMVAP, yet your knowledge is obviously flawed. In point of fact, CAMVAP *only* kicks in when the purchaser initiates it, independant of what the manufacturer thinks.

You could actually initiate the CAMVAP process after the first repair attempt (although you would probably not do well, since you didn't allow the manufacturer adequate time).

I assure you my post and my blog are sincere.

Reply to
CAMVAP Joe

CAMVAP Joe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au:

Yes, but as long as the manufacturer is still making a good-faith effort to fix the problem, the arbitrator will not hear the case.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

You're a worm to make a company buy back a car b/c of a "noise". Get used to it. What a waste of resources.

Reply to
st-bum

I disagree. There is no reason you should put up with an unusual noise from a brand new car. At the least, the selling dealership should make all efforts to make it right. Anything else reflects badly on them and any future sales. We have two Toyota dealerships in my area. One's philosophy is sell all the cars they can to as many people as they can. The other one sells to repeat customers over and over again. Even their service department is used by everyone around here.

The man's main complaint was with the dealership for not fixing the problem. The dealership was his first recourse and yet they gave him the runaround or were completely inept. His next choice was to contact the manufacturer and they continued the runaround hoping he would go away. An arbitrator was his final choice and he made a strong enough case to beat the lawyers and suits of a major corporation.

I applaud him for having the gumption to stick to the process and not just give up like so many others would.

Reply to
badgolferman

Here in the states we have different 'lemon' laws for almost every state. Buy a new car in Pa and you have 12 months to figure out you got a lemon and good luck enforcing it . In Fla we have a law similar to Canada's (time and mileage wise).

But in either state , I doubt you would get any help for a 'road noise' issue. The issue would probably have to effect the safety, economy or reliability of a vehicle.

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

TeGGER you say, "as the manufacturer is still making an effort, the arbitrator will not hear the case."

You obviously do not know anything about the CAMVAP program. The consumer applies to the program when they want to. READ THE CAMVAP APPLICATION. Maybe you should read about the program before giving false information. The manufacturer can and will protest of course. It is absolutely irrelevant what the manufacturer wants or does at this point...you are going to arbitration. And, YES, the arbitrator will hear the case.

By the way TEGGER what dealership do you work for?? It's quite obvious.

Reply to
PokerGTA.com

Are you suggesting that it is ok for Toyota to make vehicles that have a creaking noise in the rear. The vehicle in question was found to have several missed spot welds from the manufacturing process. The noise was a structural defect.

The resource (CAMVAP) you refer to is a free program available to the consumer to resolve disputes of this nature. It was a fair and efficient use of resources that had a positive outcome.

Reply to
CAMVAP Joe

Actually the arbitrator does not make judgement until the end of the arbitration. Get your facts straight.

When the consumer feels THEY have given the dealership and manufacturer sufficient time (1 day or 6 months, it does not matter) they can apply for CAMVAP. As long as they meet the programs requirements they will be approved.

The manufacturer will have the opportunity to make an arguement (which they will because they would rather not go to arbitration and lose) and respond to the consumers application.

If you apply to CAMVAP and meet the requirements the arbitrator WILL HEAR YOUR CASE.

Reply to
CAMVAP Joe

I am pretty confident that KIA and Hyundai have enough complaining customers given their reliability and ratings.

Yes, you are right they do need some customers.

Reply to
CAMVAP Joe

CAMVAP does work. I know a friend who won. I agree with Joe I think the arbitrators are very fair.

Reply to
poker200