Toyota Corolla does not start

The car was stolen and then recovered. Replaced ignition switch and housing. New battery, distibutor cap and rotor. Current is present at the coil (inside cap) using test light. The engine cranks over but there is no spark at the plug. The air bag light stays on (is there a connection to this problem). A screw driver was used by the thieves to start and drive the car. Any suggestions on why the car will not start or show spark at the plugs.

Reply to
captj

The car is a 1994 corolla forgot to mention that

Reply to
captj

OMG, they steal '94 Corollas?! Should I start chaining my '95 Prizm to street lights, lest it gets stolen too?

Reply to
n.torrey.pines

My 95' Prizm is the first car I've ever had that was nice enough to lock so I'm always sure to lock it up.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Is there that much of a market for stolen street lights?

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Check for spark at the coil wire. If none, check for DC power getting to the igniter and coil. If power is there, could be the igniter, coil, ECU, wiring problem, fuse. The airbag light being on means the system is not working. A trouble code should be stored in the ECU and available for readout. This year of car may not need a separate troublecode reader. As the car was stolen, make sure the airbags are still installed.

Reply to
toyomoho

My '93 Dynasty was stolen with 180,000 miles on it. They took the engine and transmission. Poor bastards, that thing leaked so much oil and trans fluid and coolant and power steering fluid...

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Thanks for the suggestions