Toyota dealer pushing Nitrogen in tires

But Scott, I'll bet it's not really that GOOD either.

But is your Toyota air conditioned?

Reply to
mack

Why would it surprising to anyone that a Toyota dealer would try to sell his customers nitrogen for use in their tires? Toyota dealers are famous throughout the industry for being the best at selling their customers the most smoke an mirrors add-ons. Ask him if he has anything to sell you that will stop oxidizing of the OUTSIDE of your tires? LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually, I thought it would be pretty terrible. It really isn't.

Now I notice how damned cold people keep their businesses.

Yes it is and I use it occasionally to keep the seals in good shape or when I have a wimp friend on board...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Can you also run an air ratchet, impact gun, die grinder, or paint gun with the pump?

Reply to
Ray O

I can do....and do do....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

OK,yuk it up, guys!

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL....not with mine....

That looks like a damned good excuse for a trip to Home Depot...

More TOOLS.......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Yup, a compressor comes in very handy, plus, with a compressor, you have an excuse to get an impact gun, impact sockets, air ratchet, angle die grinder, cutoff tools, paint guns, sanders, sand blasters, and blow nozzles!

Reply to
Ray O

...then I would have to WORK...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

LOL! No sympathy from me ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

I know....I know....

I just thought of a job I should do....flush my brake system.

I do have a good 'sucker'. One of those hand held dudes that pulls the fluid out at each brake. I've done that once on my wagon. Guess it is time to do it again.

I SHOULD have done it while my boy was home on leave....but he escaped un worked...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Even up here in the Canadian north, it is positively barbaric to NOT have one's Toyota with AC. We also have central AC in the house. Those 10 days a year that we use it would be HELL without it. I would never give it up, either in the car or the house.

Reply to
sharx35

Believe it or not....it is cooler in Florida (well on the West Coast of Florida) than most places in the US.

It is VERY RARE that I don't have a nice breeze.

You can (and people used to live ) without air in Florida.

I do have air in my Corolla and use it now and again.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

In our pre Toyota, pre AC days, we travelled through Death Valley, in early September without AC. 1972 Dodge Dart. We finally had to stop and throw water through the radiator with the engine on: The cooling system just couldn't cool that engine that day and we weren't towing anything. 318 V8 AT.

Reply to
sharx35

Now even I would not do Death Valley without air...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I've learned over the years that you have to catch them before they take off!

Reply to
Ray O

But helium is inert, hydrogen is not. Besides they fouind out what got the Hindenburg was the fabric covering the dirigible was made of almost exactly the same chemical compound used in the Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters. . . . . One good lightning strike and it starts burning. Then the hydrogen inside helps make it burn even hotter!

Charles of Schaumburg

"Oh the humanity".

Reply to
n5hsr

I believe the real reason is that you don't want water vapor in the tire as it condenses (hence lowers the pressure). So anything that displaces water vapor is good, and obviously for safety reasons, you don't want oxygen. Nitrogen being inert and relatively cheap and being the major component of air, so nitrogen it is. I would hazard a guess that unless you're driving in Alaska, the benefit isn't that much.

Reminds of the time when shopping for a dog house, and saw a double-walled plastic doghouse being advertised as nitrogen-insulated. Had a big laugh when I realized it's just air.

Reply to
-

And Binford Tools can supply 'em all! The full set comes with a free cardboard Tim Allen freestanding cut-out. ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

LOL....

He got a pass from Dad....this time...