Toyota Dealers Verified Sudden Acceleration Problems in 2003

Toyota Motor Corp. knew of at least six sudden acceleration incidents as early as 2003, including some that were verified by its own technicians and dealers, according to court documents filed Monday as part of sprawling litigation against the Japanese automaker.

From The Detroit News:

john

Audi knew about it 20 years before that!

Reply to
ACAR

Don't believe everything that you read. There have been about 15,000 of these incidents involving all makes of automobiles since 1990. Between

2003 and 2008, Ford has had over a thousand complaints of sudden acceleration in their vehicles. How is it possible that Toyota only knew of only six?
Reply to
dsi1

Hell, I had more than six sudden acceleration incidents on my VW bug back in the early seventies, before I finally just bit the bullet and replaced the throttle cable....

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey