Toyota fears backlash over gains

iwhtcimtlfmwmaomopw

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if certain types of people had issues with Toyota's success. Probably the same people who say "Let the marketplace work and competition will solve this problem or that" (which is often true). But, there'll be exceptions of convenience.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Or the ones that put bumper stickers on their cars that say, "Remeber Pearl Harbor: Boycott Japanese Products"...

On the back of their Dodge Colt!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The question these people should ask themselves is this: If all cars cost nothing to obtain, but there was no warranty and the service cost what it does now, which cars would they want?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In other words you don't care if your car breaks down as long as you don't have to pay for the repair? Since in your scenario they cost NOTHING, I would pick one of the luxury cars. If it quit running I would simply go get another free car.

When it come to warranties I would buy one without a warranty from the manufacturer that gave me the highest discount in the selling price for whatever it costs to manufactures to warrant the vehicle. I have not owner a car, foreign or domestic, that ever was repaired under warranty.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Apparently the market is working. Americans are buying the vehicles they prefer. GM is number one, Ford is number two, Toyota number three and Chrysler number four.

mike

Mike Hunter

No. What I meant was, what if the cars were free, but you DID have to pay for service from day one, no warranty of any kind available, not ever. Would you rather live for 200k miles with a Buick, or a Camry?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I agree with Mike!

If cars were free and I had to pay for service from day one, I'd just get another one insted of paying to fix it.

I miss being able to change cars with the seasons, Land Cruiser or 4Runner for the winter, Celica or Cressida for the spring and fall, van or pickup in the summer for vacation or home projects. When it was time for a tuneup, I just got another vehicle.

This plan would make the Aston Martin Vantage a viable option!

Reply to
Ray O

I would not 'live' with any vehicle for 200K. I could never understand why people spend money, that one could put into a new car, to repair an old car that is wearing itself out every day

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So, you get rid of your cars as soon as the warranty runs out?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It has nothing to do with the length of a warranty, generally the warranty is in effect much longer than the time I keep my cars. I have found it costs too much to keep a car more than two years. I can buy a new car for around $2,500 a year on average. It cost more than that per year to keep one for ten years.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And when you try to point out the flaw in their logic, the response you get is: "But... Um... But Dodge is American!" ;-)

Time to add more chlorine to the Gene Pool...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Utter bunk. The difference in road taxes and insurance alone between a new car and a car that's a few years old will approach $1K.

The repair bills and depreciation will depend on what you buy. There's no way Ford product depreciation will be less than several thousands per year.

I would believe that you're trading your Ford products to avoid high repair costs. I had that problem, too, so I got rid of my Fords.

By the way, you admitted a few weeks ago that you're not keeping the car for two full model years, either. You're selling in advance of the new model year and then buying after to take advantage of price swings. Good for you but your total fleet costs are higher that way and you're not doing an apples-to-apples comparison.

For people that don't have a warehouse full of cars but just buy what they need, your advice sucks.

Reply to
DH

One is free to believe whatever they choose. When I traded the 2005 GT on the 2007, in August of 2006, the total drive home price was only $4,500. The only time I sold off early was the 2003 in August of 2004 because the

2005 Convertible was not available until six months after intro of the coupe in September 2004. Your insurability must be pretty bad, my insurance premium for both of my daily drivers, a 2007 Mustang GT and a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr, is only around $1,100 annually..

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Regardless, why is a Ford SHIT product user posting in this ng?

Reply to
sharx35