(OT:) Isn't Hilary Clinton about the LAST person that should be talking about "Cronyism"?

Whooo! Talk about hipocrasy!

Clinton lays into Bush's pardon (actually, COMMUTATION) of "Scooter" Libby.

Perhaps there's a couple things she could consider:

"We are the President": And how many de facto *criminals* did *WE* pardon in the last few days of the first Clinton Administration? We're talking real criminals here. Remember? All I could think of, seeing images of Bill at his desk signing pardons was the line in the song "The Twelve Things Of Christmas (that are a pain to me)" was the 4th guy with the Christmas Cards: "Oh, I don't even *KNOW* half of these people!"

Seems to me I remember something about some 'missing documents' that were requested from you. Remember, the ones that turned up on the dining room table that, "I can't recall." ("My mind's in a blender, it's Jello!")

Reply to
Hachiroku

Scooter Libby, like Marc Rich, is a real criminal, only Libby endangered lives. But what did Hillary have to do with Bill giving away sleazy pardons? By your line of reasoning, she's also responsible for hooking Bill up with Monica.

Was that about Whitewater, where the Clintons had previously been investigated twice and cleared twice? Also they lost money on Whitewater, which would be a first for financial corruption.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Could be.

You don't think some of those pardons were Hilly tugging at Billy's coattails?

Not necessarily. There have been a lot of failed corrupt land deals.

Look, I'm not saying I wouldn't go to bed with the woman, I just don't want her as President!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Seems to me I remember that Billy Bob also pardoned Hill's brother for something.

I think the Libby DID NOT cause any deaths as he DID NOT "OUT" her He was convicted of obstruction of justice (I wasn't speeding officer? - That is also lying to an officer). Fitzgerald cleared Libby of the outing in first two months of his "investigation".

Who died? Plame had been away from covert status a while (supposedly over 5 years) and CIA didn't go after anyone, that I recall, for (covert status )breaking the law.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron

Frankly, that's ridiculous because even if Hillary was just as her worst critics described, it would be better for her political ambitions if her marriage was perceived by many as being harmonious.

Absolutely not. I think they were more like Bill the good ol' political boy acting instinctively and handing out favors.

Which failed ones have involved incumbents and have lost money for them?

Did...I...ever...imply...that...you...would? ;)

OTOH you know what they say about denials uttered before accusations are made.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I thought he pardoned his own brother for possessing drugs, selling drugs, or having sex with drugs.

And Martha Stewart wasn't legally guilty of insider trading, but what a person is guilty of in reality and in law aren't always the same thing. Libby did out one of our spies.

breaking the law.

Incorrect. She had made covert trips much more recently than that, and the entire Brewster Jennings operation collapsed. Considering that some of her travels took her into Iran, it's very likely that some of her contacts were killed or jailed.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It was another witch hunt. The plames wrote a book, looked good on TV and I'm sure have speaking engagements, making lots of money and fame. This stuff is all so obvious.

Reply to
dbu,.

Well of course. Too bad that's already been blown.

OOOPS! My Freudian Slip is showing!

You're kidding, right? Clinton didn't even know who most of those people were, and over half of them were merely political 'favors'. That's was well reported in a LOT of papers, the WSJ included.

It wasn't the usual 'requests are submitted the cases reviewed and the pardons issued on a case by case basis'.

It makes a difference?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Certainly no lawyers...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's why I said they were mostly political favors. You may be under the impression that they were favors only to the people who were actually pardoned, but that isn't true -- see Clinton's pardon of our "beloved" former governor, J. Fife Symington III, a Republican who defrauded investors, including a union, with his construction projects.

Yes, so answer the question (without another question).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I fail to see a difference.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You haven't proven me wrong about larry moe curly being a pot head.

Reply to
dbu,.

Yes, so answer the question (without another question).

I'll explain later. Meanwhile, answer my question.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly