Toyota Tundra Clanking noise?

Hello My 2000 Tundra has makes a metallic clanking sound in the winter when it has been sitting in the parking lot at work all day long and I leave work at a certain area of the driveway on the way out from work. It only does it at work on the way out in the winter sometimes. It doesn't do it every time . It did it last winter and the winter before a few times each winter. I figure it has to do with being in the cold wind all day, but it doesn't seem right that it makes this noise at all. Any Ideas out there.

Reply to
Stephen

Could you describe the noises, specifically?

Reply to
Bob H

Noises are difficult to diagnose without actually hearing them.

Is the clanking sound related to engine speed? Vehicle speed? Road conditions?

Reply to
Ray O

Probably nothing important, something like the slip splines on the driveshaft might need greasing, or something in the suspension like a spring shackle is protesting being moved when cold.

But see if you can get a mechanic or someone who know cars to listen to the clunk when it does it, or bring a camcorder to work and have someone film you when driving out of the lot and catch it on tape.

There are some noises like that which can be early warnings for big problems that will develop if ignored. Rare, but best to rule them out.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman