used motors??

i have a 88 celica gt conv. it has a bad motor i'm looking at getting a used one from nipppon motors has anyone used this company? also i don't want to get one form any place that wants my old motor.some day i'm going to restore it and i want it to have # matching. thanks for the help. corey from il.

Reply to
itsa93sl1

The site

is way out of date (copyright is to 2003). So the prices may be considerably higher. The engines are used and from Japan, so who knows what you are getting. I would definitely check the consumer agencies and attorney general's office in CA to see if there are any complaints against them. If you decide to get one from a place that wants your old motor, you can just pay the core charge, which might be like $300 or $400 (just a guess).

You might be better off getting your engine rebuilt properly. Then you will not have to fix it for the restoration.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff