Echo-how fast how safe?

Hi How fast can an Echo go? I travel a short commute and at times I have to weave in and out from one lane to another. It rains a lot too. How well does it stop? Thanks!!

Reply to
Sally Kneedis

Only as fast as you can control it safely.

Reply to
badgolferman

Sounds like you're trying to justify using a 'economy' car like a sports car. ;)

Drive safely.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Try what I do when I am teaching people to drive. Find a stretch of road with no other traffic. Pick out a spot ahead and try to stop before you get to that spot. You may be surprised to see how far you travel at 70 MPH ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When you get into another accident, I am sure it will be the other person's fault. Don't worry about it...as opposed to everyone else, you've probably got somewhere you need to get to.

Reply to
Truckdude

I think you should order yours with the smallest engine possible, in Bright Yellow.

Then, paint a big red peace sign on it, or bright red flames or something like that.

That way, when I see you coming up behind me in my rear view mirror, I'll know enough to GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!

NOBODY has a 'need' to weave in and out of traffic unless:

  1. You're an asshole that can't get up early enough.
  2. You're a terrible driver to begin with (I think *THAT* has been well established already)
  3. You have a Death Wish and/or don't give a f*ck about anybody else.

Find yourself an old Corolla or Camry or something. I will, too so I won't want to WRING YOUR NECK when you run me off the road in my Supra.

Oh, and don't give TOO much thought as to why your Insurance rates are so high! Look in the mirror for the answer.

Actually, from your post, you're either a Troll, or just an idiot.

So long, SFB!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

the trick is to look for something cheap and soft. sam

Reply to
SAMMM

You're evil...

Natalie, laughing softly

Reply to
Wickeddoll

First, weaving in and out of traffic is a really bad idea.

But when I've had to avoid those who *do* weave in front of me, my 2000 Echo gets me the hell out of the way in time.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Oh dear...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

But Mike you're talking in a GM box. >:)

Reply to
Some O

Just looking at it's footprint I'd suggest 50 MPH (80 KPH) would be a safe maximum; if you drive sanely not lane jumping.

Reply to
Some O

LOL!

I have seen some dumb-ass posts, and I may have even posted one or two MYSELF, but some dimwit that comes here and tells us she drives like an ass?

Too much! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think it's a troll, trying to promote the idea of bad women drivers. At least I *hope* this person doesn't really do this.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Um, I saw a girl 'dancing' in her car, no hands on the wheel, and she was coming to a stop sign where *I* had the right-of-way-...

She was REALLY moving in that seat!

Bet your ass I slowed W-A-A-A-Y-Y down.

Nobody at work could figure out why I was so upset...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Many moons ago, while I was in the Navy......

A buddy of mine and I were hitch hiking thru North Carolina.

Three people in a Pontiac picked us up. It became clear that they were drunk as skunks.

The gal driving was doing the twist at eighty mph....no hands on the wheel.

My buddy finally got out a god awful whistle....and said

LET US OUT....

Even thought it was cold as hell.....we were glad to be outa there alive.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Ya start pounding on the door, going,"Open up the door, Bitch, it's Woomba-Goomba with the green teeth and let me OUT!!!"

(To borrow a phrase...;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Are you guys trying to say something? *tapping foot*

I once saw a Latina standing up through the sun roof from one end of highway

50 (Colonial drive) in Orlando to the other. That's a dangerous street just in and of itself (My daughter's friend was killed just crossing it on foot), much less being unrestrained in a collision. I took a digital pic and emailed it to the highway patrol.

Idjit.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

It was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra on top of Stone Mountain in the winter time....when we got out....but we did NOT care...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida