what is the spark plug order on a 91 toyota corolla

It's from left to right 1,2,3,4 correct?

I'm speaking of the plug wire order from the dist cap in case it's not evident.

thanks

As you are facing the engine compartment, the cylinder numbers, from left to right, are 1,2,3, and 4.

If you are talking about ignition firing order, then that is incorrect. The correct firing order will be 1-3-4-2 or possible 1-2-4-3.

Reply to
Ray O

I'm hooking up the spark plug wires from a new dist cap and I'm just double checking the order as 1,2,3,4 left to right. I installed the new cap and the car won't fire at all and I put the old cap on and the car idles fine but bucks wildly and will stall out if I attempt to drive it.

Something is wrong but I don't think its the wiring order

thanks

I just went out and looked at my '92 Corolla.

You probably have the wires crossed at the distributor.

They are NOT in order. They are in the firing order.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That's why I've always either numbered my wires with tape or a marker or I just did them one at a time.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

I'll tell you what is wrong: 1-2-3-4 is NOT the correct firing order.

Reply to
Ray O