2007 Highlander noisy

I just got a '07 HL Limited. I expected the V6 to be as quiet as the previous generation Camry with the V6. When I start a cold engine, it
is pretty loud and rough for the first minute. Even after warm-up, when idling, there is a "boominess" or like a resonance that almost sounds like a boomy exhaust but it is not. Seems more like an engine vibration. Also, when driving, there is a slight vibration that can be felt in the steering wheel between 1800 and 2000 RPM. It is not vehicle speed related. I am just very surprised that the engine does not sound as refined as the Camry. Even in park if you just feather the gas a bit to rev it up, it sounds much more truck like. Is this due to less insulation on the firewall, different motor mounts, different airfuel mixtures? Anyone else notice any of these things or am I just being too picky and forgetting that it is still basically a truck? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@pb.com wrote:

Well the highlander is a truck, no doubt about that, but the engine should be quiet like the camry, regardless. The V6 highlanders I have driven are very quiet and smooth. You probably need to drive another one now that you have a better feeling for the noise, go to a dealer and test drive one.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have a V6 '04. I too expected it to be Camry-like, but it's not. Much louder than my wife's '02 Camry V6, and much less responsive. The Camry seems like a rocket by comparison.
BC
My 05 HL LTD does the samething in the cold morning. However, it it great after the engine warms up.
OP has to change the OEM tires to get better feel of the HL. However, it is not as good as my old 99 Sienna. I guess the 17" tires really make HL feel like a truck.

John wrote:

What replacement tires did you put on your HL to improve the feel? Are 17" tires standard on the LTD?
BC