Which 2008 Corolla?

Is Toyota building what they are advertising on their web site for 2008, or is the rumor

of a new body style (the interior shot has Avalon similarities) and a CVTi transmission the real story? I think that the new ones come out in October here in the U.S.A..

Reply to
user

The 2008 Corolla depicted at

is what is currently being produced. My guess is that the next generation Corolla will come out as a

2009 model, perhaps in the spring or summer of 2008.
Reply to
Ray O

Before I purchase a new one, I'm going to wait for the proposed CVTi option to become available. The specs on MPG were an impressive 9% (approx.) gain using the same engine. Perhaps some day they will make available to the U.S. the D4D engine for the Yaris and mate it with the CVTi. I think that it gets about 60 MPG as designed now. Thanks Ray.

Reply to
user

I don't foresee the D4D or other passenger car diesels from Toyota coming to the U.S. unless the small diesels sold by some European automakers like VW start selling like hotcakes and Toyota can make them meet the new diesel emissions standards. A hybrid version will probably come first.

Reply to
Ray O

TORRANCE, California - Toyota Motor Sales USA has confirmed that it will unveil its new 2009 Corolla and Matrix compact cars at the 2007 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on October 31.

The two were last new when they first hit showrooms in 2001. The Matrix is a sibling of the Pontiac Vibe, which will be redesigned for

2009, too.
Reply to
EdV

I wish I was as good at predicting lottery numbers!

Reply to
Ray O

Thank you EdV, I'll watch for it.

Reply to
user

C'mon Ray, I'll buy, you pick, we split.

Go for the Mega Millions.

Reply to
user

Next time it gets over 100 million, let's splurge and spend a buck!

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
user