Fighting them here and now - OT

Read the last several paragraphs under "Terrorist activity...".

Now, does anyone have an answer as to why the borders should not be shut down?

Reply to
witfal

But, how did they get out of Iraq? I thought we had things tied down really tight over there, at least according to dbu the drunk and Splatt the diaper boy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Exactly.

And it clearly illustrates one of the, if not THE most glaring failures of this administration. One that inflames passion and generates more frustration than almost any other issue. Nearly three out of four people want it now.

Border control.

Yet Bush does nothing except appease the corruption south of OUR border.

Reply to
witfal

Somewhere in my vast bookmark list, I have a video of the idiot being interviewed near the border, and in the background, a couple of people are climbing over the fence. I'll see if I can locate it after I get done cooking the kid's last meal before he descends into college dining hall hell.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I remember that! If you can locate it, please post.

Ugh. Cafeterias.

BTW, when a right-wing web site increasingly publishes stories critical of Bush's lack of meaningful immigration control, he really should read the writing on the wall:

witfal

What has congress done to alleviate the problem?

Reply to
dbu`

Nothing at all. Very few voices have any common sense. Those that do are painted as racist immediately.

Some just don't get it. I don't care if one-eyed Peruvian bean pickers are the grossest violators of our borders. We're the only country in the world demands, even expects, to open our borders. Just tell Mexico that we're going to pass laws exactly like the ones they have controlling their southern border.

Reply to
witfal

I would expect that under a billary administration it would be possible if not likely. The left seems bent on the U.S. being under a world control, (UN).

Reply to
dbu`

Heh. They have it great now food-wise, compared to when we (or at least I) was in college. From what I've seen in the last few years they can use their meal tickets for food anywhere on campus - eateries that are open beyond dining hall hours. Which, acc. to the students, serve good, normal food. I remember being so hungry in the evenings - had already eaten dinner at the dining hall (where a slice of pie on a plate, if turned upside-down, would adhere to the plate!) a few hours earlier & that was *it* for food until breakfast. Unless one used whatever small amt. of spare cash one had & ordered out. Which usually took forever (like 2 hours!) for delivery. Or walked into town - which was a bit of a trek - for a slice of pizza, or to pick up a snack at a grocery store.

But yeah, yeah, I know - this'll be a home-cooked meal, by dad.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Oops - make that "were (or was)"!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Giving Bush the benefit of the doubt in classification, the right doesn't seem to be much better.

Reply to
witfal

Better than using "where", when "were" was needed. Another peeve of mine.

Reply to
witfal

How so?

Reply to
dbu`

Read the article. He's selling out our national sovereignty to a triune alliance of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. There is even talk of a unified currency along the lines of the Euro, actually called the Amero. Add to this his stubborn, steadfast refusal to shut down the southern border, and you've got one intractable president.

Reply to
witfal

This seems to be a rumor started by persons unknown. I've heard of this before. I doubt it's even worth passing on. The extreme left wing likes the idea of UN control however. Of course I don't agree at all with the concept.

Reply to
dbu`

I keep hearing rumors of this, but I think it's only more political bullshit. Nancy Pee & co. don't have a plan other than to keep harrassing GWB administration until they can get a president of their own ilk. I wouldn't bet a months paycheck on that however.

Reply to
dbu`

A rumor? His presence there was a rumor?

The web site is right-wing, dbu. Very right wing.

Reply to
witfal

So Bush is secretly cooking up a Euro type alliance with Mexico and Canada, trying to make us all one nation with the same currency? Sounds far-fetched.

Reply to
dbu`

Read it and weep, dbu:

This is the first stage. Wait until you see Mexican trucks on your highways. We've already got them here.

Reply to
witfal

Couldn't you find an unbiased source? :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom