Who can justify a 30 round clip?

Soldiers might actually be talking about clips, since they're often used with their rifles.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Extended bullet holders need to be outlawed. :)

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

IN that all are ways for you to avoid the actual question, yes.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I do.

And if they can't, legislate. If everyone wore a seat belt from day one, they wouldn't have needed a law for that either.

A gun store owner in AZ said today that sales of large clips went up on worry that they'd be outlawed.

If the gun-nutters and the gun-haters could meet in the middle, they'd agree that semi-autos are not a good thing for this country. Again, the US is an embarassment because of a powerful lobbby and fools who think fixing this would mean taking away all guns.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I don't think the average person becomes proficient in just 30 shots. Uninterrupted practice is sometimes better.

It may not be good for balance, but 30 rounds in a long magazine gives not only more weight but also a higher polar moment, each which usually improve stability.

Which is why a lot of people need to change the objects of their obsessions away from firearms.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Sure, I will too. But that doesn't mean I'm going to call them that if that's what they aren't. But in the overall scheme of things, I could give a @#$% what people call them. Once I made my point, I dropped that issue.

Reply to
nm5k

You would have to describe gun hobbyist. I'm not sure what that would mean. I know plenty of GI's and ex GI's that still use firearms quite often. I talk to them all the time on other sites. But does using a firearm make one a hobbyist? In my family, guns were tools. No more, no less. No one spent much time obsessing over them, that's for sure. I don't really consider myself that much of a gun hobbyist, except for maybe my 10/22 rifle. I tinker with it, and mix/match parts, etc, so I guess one could call it a hobby of sorts. But once I got through with it, I don't do much with it. I take my pistol to OK every time I go up there. But I haven't shot it in almost two years, even though I own my own "range". For me, it's a tool to protect myself from mean critters more than anything. When I get up there I'm often too busy mowing grass, whacking dead trees, etc to play with my pistol.

My dad was a Marine. But he was out hunting since he was probably 11-12 years old. Maybe younger. A rifle or a shotgun wasn't really a hobby. It was a tool used to bag varmints to eat. Or ward off someone trying to break into the house. After he was in the Marines, it was still much the same. They were still just tools. And he hunted some after he was out of the Marines, but I wouldn't call him a hobbyist. BTW, he learned on the old M1 in the Marines. Which did use clips.. :/

Myself, I only have four firearms at this time. My .40 cal pistol, my 10/22 rifle, and two old .410 shotguns that my dad had. If I'm a hobbyist, I'm not much of one compared to many I know. In fact, compared to a few I know, I'm a piker.

To me, they are just tools, like my chainsaws, knives, etc.. I really don't get too emotional about them. But I do get a bit emotional when people get their panties in a twist over issues that really don't make a lot of difference one way or the other. IE: mag size.. Limiting mag size is not going to make any real difference at all to these whackos. They did the same thing before they even sold hi-cap mags. The whacko at Luby's didn't have hi-cap mags, and he did more damage than AZ whack buoy. The real point is, if there is a will, they will find a way.

Hell, they can go back to the AWB 10 round mags, and it's not going to effect me much at all. Not because I will still have my "after sunset" mags, but because I hit what I'm aiming at, and if I can't do it with 10 rounds, I might as well hang it up. The main reason I like two mags is because there are lots of dog packs around there and I may need to make some noise to try to run them off. If the noise doesn't work, I'll still have enough rounds to fend them off if they try to eat my legs.

If it were really that big an issue, I'd be loading all four of my mags, rather than the usual two when I'm using it. Maybe I'm lucky that I was taught to shoot by a Marine... :/ My main point is I don't feel that reducing mag size is really going to make much difference at all. The whackos will get around it one way or the other. Others may feel differently, but I don't agree with their stance when I know many that could out shoot AZ whack buoy using regular factory mags. Reality trumps emotion.

Reply to
nm5k

They sure could if the 9 year old stuck their fingers in the wrong place.. :/ But it largely depends if the amp is tube or solid state. I've got an amp here that will kill a whole neighborhood if they all lined up and stuck their fingers in it. "3400 volts on the plates at nearly an amp." Very few people fondle Henry consoles in the wrong places and live to talk about it. :(

Reply to
nm5k