Window installation

Hi. I have a 92 4Runner 4 door and would like to know how to install replacement drivers side front door glass. Thank you.

Reply to
issjoe

Hi. I have a 92 4Runner 4 door and would like to know how to install replacement drivers side front door glass. Thank you.

Reply to
issjoe

You can purchase daily access to Toyota repair manuals at

If you already know how to remove the inner door panel, move the window to the halfway position, remove the inner door panel, and you will see the clamps for the window.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for you response. I have the door panel off and see how glass is connected. How do you get the old glass out of the door and new glass in the door. Thanks

Reply to
issjoe

If the old glass is broken, just use a long-shank screwdriver to dig out the broken pieces. Make sure you use a vacuum cleaner to get all the pieces out of the bottom of the door or you will hear them rattle.

The replacement piece should slide through the slot at the top of the door.

Reply to
Ray O

If the window slids thru the slot at the top of the door, what keeps the widow from just falling out after it is installed. I know that sounds like a stupidquestion, but Ive never installed a window before. Thanks

Reply to
issjoe

If the window slids thru the slot at the top of the door, what keeps the widow from just falling out after it is installed. I know that sounds like a stupidquestion, but Ive never installed a window before. Thanks

Reply to
issjoe

If the window slids thru the slot at the top of the door, what keeps the widow from just falling out after it is installed. I know that sounds like a stupidquestion, but Ive never installed a window before. Thanks

Reply to
issjoe

Once the window is properly positioned in the tracks at the front and rear of the window, the window is clamped to the regulator at the bottom.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for your respnse. I thought that was how it worked, but I've had zero experience with car windows.

Reply to
issjoe

You're welcome and good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

Hi The new window does'nt fit thru the slot. Do I put on the outside or inside of door. Whats the trick.

Reply to
issjoe

Try standing it on end or at an angle and lower it through the slot. Once it is mostly in the door. try maneuvering it into the correct position.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks. It worked. I got it in at a 45 degree angle. It took some manuvering to get it in the side tracks. After that it bolted right on to the regulator. Appreciate your help.

Reply to
issjoe

You're welcome. Glad to be of assistance!

Reply to
Ray O