WOOHOO! We did it!

I'm finally able to read mostly *car* posts on this NG again!

:-)

Natalie, poking Scott and Dizzy in the side

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Great website!

Reply to
Truckdude

Thanks!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think I know what you're doing. And stop it, I can guarantee you that it's quite counterproductive.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I ain't waiting 'several weeks' for the paint to dry! Who does that?! Nobody I know does.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Okay, let me rephrase that. The paint is still somewhat soft for several weeks, and will chip easier than when it's fully hardened. I would avoid long freeway trips during that final cure period, like the one when you move cross country. This is the same reason they tell you not to wax the car for two months.

Once you have moved, and painted the car, you can restrict the freshly painted car to local surface street grocery runs and other 'low hazard' duties till it has had a chance to fully cure.

Just lowers the odds of something going seriously wrong - and if it does, the paint shop that is responsible is in the same town...

(Worst Case Phone Conversation: "Okay, so the paint job we did is bad, and the paint is peeling off the hood and roof in big sheets. We need the car back so we can fix it, but you're in North Carolina and we're in Florida - What are we supposed to do about it from here, lady?")

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

OK

OK, the sequel

Yeah - I decided to wait till we get to NC, as I've said. I probably won't start working right away, as we're going to the Las Vegas Trek Convention in August.

Thanks!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®