Yaris

Wanting to see a Yaris hatch in the flesh, I finally saw one cruising down the interstate. Nice looking econobox. Unless I find something annoying about it during the test drive, I'm ready to buy. Trouble is, no one has them. I've seen the sedans on the lot. One dealer commented that they got two sedans in a month ago and nothing since!

Is this typical of how Toyota intros a new model (in US)? I'm more familiar with the domestics, where they fill an isle with a new model.

John

Reply to
JohnR66

Availability of new or drastically redesigned Toyota will tend to be limited until the QC folks are confident enough to speed up the production lines. Local regional offices try to predict what model mix will sell the best, and sometimes their predictions are a little off. Also, when sales outstrip production capacity, you will tend to see them produce more of the profitable models than the less profitable models.

Reply to
Ray O