Italian car anyone?

You know you want it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

1 of 8? There were hundreds imported and only 8 haven't rusted away? ;)
Reply to
Depresion

this is far more interesting

Theo

Not of that model there weren't. That's the 'new' Delta, so won't rust.

I _really_ want one of those, having seen a couple in the flesh at an AutoItalia event a couple of years ago.

Looks like that one could be a bit of a bargain, but I'm banned from buying anything at the moment as we've only just paid for the bike.

Reply to
SteveH

> 42&rd=1

Yeah that was the "Nuova" Delta - there were only 8 HPE's imported, got an Integrale EVO engine but only front wheel drive - so saying it's the best fun you can have with your clothes on is kinda lying - surely a 4x4 integrale would be more fun.

Reply to
fishman

> > 42&rd=1

shit car.

half the fun of a delta is 4WD and good handling.

cant imagine the FWD vewrsion to have that rally car feel to it.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

"Mason" wrote

Have you driven one?

Didn't think so.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

"SteveH" wrote

I've seen three so far, they are very nice to look at. Should be really quick too especially in a straight line. Looks ace in black only ever seen red and burgundy ones.

Reply to
fishman

Driven a 4WD integrale. quite liked it...

Just cant imagine the FWD one being too impressive...

It's called an opinion mate ;o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I saw one in Fiat 'Broom Yellow' - same as the Cinq. Sporting and Coupe yellow.

Absolutely beautiful.

However, I've decided my next car has to be another 124 Spider, Bertone GTV or Beta Volumex. Just need to hold on for 12 months or so until I'm moved to a workplace closer to home.

Reply to
SteveH

Cool. Closest I've ever got is Range Rovers (well, they are 4wd).

The Wops do by all accounts make some of the better powerful FWD cars.

Thats the spirit!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Is that another Tipo?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not a million miles off - based on the Tipo chassis, as are all medium-ish sized Fiat group cars of that era.

And people slag off VAG for platform sharing ;-)

As an aside, watched the best of Top Gear tonight, and was good to see the new Maserati Quattroporte has the same engine / gearbox layout as the 75..... 'just like a supercar', ISTR James May said :-)

Reply to
SteveH

"SteveH" wrote

My next car may be a Rover P6... don't know anything about it but just got a random message saying somebody wants to swap a low mileage P6 in good condition for my laid-up Dedra Turbo. No other details as of yet but the P6 has a current MOT so should at least be usable/sellable unlike the Lancia.

Reply to
fishman

There's been a nice P6 advertised by someone I know in the classics group. I was incredibly tempted, but a 1970s Rover V8 isn't the ideal car for a 100 mile / day round trip.....

Reply to
SteveH

I thought as much.

One of the customers I deliver to has a new Maserati of some description. I quite fancy a shot of that road he used in Sicily. Not sure about all that traffic though(!).

Oooh, unrelated but a young lady just ran up my street and back down again wearing nothing but a pair of Jeans. It must be freshers week.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Driven them too and liked it a lot. We were rather bitten by it and two of my friends bought one (the integrale 16 V that is). Within 10.000 kms big bills (big in the size of 2000-3000 UKP every visit to the garage) came rolling in on both cars.

Scared away I bought a Ford Cosworth which (unmodded) was eaten by the Deltas. Did I mention we were rather unresponsable drivers back then? Modding the Cosworth was easy and compared to the Integrale relatively cheap. And major rebuilds lay further apart too.

Both friend finally gave up: the Deltas were traded in at silly prices. The first drives Porsche now and marvels at the silly maintenance costs of his 993. The other one opted (after a drive with his secretary's Corrola) for a Supra bi-turbo. It has now something of about 600 HP and refuses to blow up.

I still have the Cosworth (I hate parting) but I also acquired a car that could keep up with them. I quess we are a bit older now but not much wiser...

I have driven one in Spain for about a week. It didn't let me down but it wasn't a Delta Integrale, not by a long way.

Yett still today and whenever I see an Integrale, I say to myself: "Why not? You'll only drive it 5000 km a year..." But then I do the sensible thing: I go to my friends and ask to be kicked, which the buggers happily do when then know the reason.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

or

Not necessarily relevent - I can tell you with 100% certainty that 1990 Ford Escorts are a "shit car", but I've never driven one :)

Reply to
Nom

Very nice cars, but I heard they rust in odd ways.

Would love a nice lazy cruising V8 P6 (with a TVR spec V8).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo