Yaris or Corolla?

According to a sale ad this week, both are about the same price. I'm not real familiar with either but I like the mpg's of both. I plan to drive each but I was hoping for some pro's & con's of each.

Thanks!

Reply to
Me

Corolla is bigger and peppier.

Reply to
badgolferman

What about the Matrix? It appears to be a little bigger but I've heard that the performance is pretty weak.

Reply to
Me

Compared to what? I have to keep asking my daughter to slow down when she drives me in her Matrix. It goes like stink!

Reply to
mack

I think I would go with the Corolla, as the car is a little biger and the mpg isn't that far off from the Yaris.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

That far off ? I think the corolla gets better mpg even... I really don't see (other than the looks) how Toyota is going to sell the Yaris if the corolla can be had for almost the same.

Reply to
RT

Matrix /Pontiac Vibe is a Corolla drive train on a little heavier frame (it's a station wagon). The same engine has to pull a little more weight. I have a Vibe and it goes plenty fast, but it isn't going to beat anybody (expect someone driving my old Tercel) off the line though.

Reply to
John Karpich

Doesn't sound right. I've seen a couple of Yaris sedans and the similarly equipped Corolla was at least $2K more. According to the numbers, The Corolla can get 1 mpg better on the highway (41 mpg /w manual) while the Yaris can do a couple mpg better in the city. The Yaris is the echo's replacement. The Yaris has a stiffer, heavier chassis than the Echo and is said to handle better but at the cost of performance.

My parents have a Corolla auto loaner while their Highlander is getting fixed. It seems to accelerate well with us three people in the car. I have yet to get behind the wheel of the Yaris. I really like the liftback version. Not available on the Corolla. Bummer.

John

Reply to
JohnR66

I bought a 2004 Corolla after trying both the Echo and Scion, which are basically the parents of the Yaris. The Corolla's ride was a little nicer and there was enough room in the back for real people.

If you never need to seat more than two pe>According to a sale ad this week, both are about the same price. I'm not

Reply to
Anonymous

Which Scion? The xB has MUCH more room in the back for people. FAR superior to the Corolla.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
Anonymous