1988 Toyota Camry

I need to find a shifter cable for 1988 Toyota Camry. I''m sorry I do not know much about cars. I was told this was what I needed to repair my daughter's car. My daughter has a new car now and the Toyota is covered in my garage...I can not find a shifter cable anywhere..any suggestions. I would like to sell the Toyota. North Carolina

Reply to
shayes49

much about cars. I was told this was what I needed to repair my daughter's car. My daughter has a new car now and the >Toyota is covered in my garage...I can not find a shifter cable anywhere..any suggestions. I would like to sell the Toyota. North Carolina

Have you tried the dealer? I am sure they can order the cable.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

know much about cars. I was told this was what I needed to repair my daughter's car. My daughter has a new car now and the Toyota is covered in my garage...I can not find a shifter cable anywhere..any suggestions. I would like to sell the Toyota. North Carolina

If you dont know much about cars, you wont be able to install the new shifter cable,...so in reality you need to go to a local mechanix who does reasonable work at a reasonable price. As to the cable itself,..if Toyota want too much for it (like more than $60 or so), I'd be looking at a couple of car-wreckers or breaking yards I think they are referred to in the US. Agood secondhand one should be around $10 -20.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James