1990 auto trans shifts too soon

Just had my tansmission replaced with a used one. No telling how old the used one is. This replacement transmission shifts way too soon out of first gear -- in fact, it shifts so soon, that when I'm idling in rush hour traffic without my foot on gas or brake, it shifts into 2nd gear!!

Anyway, is there an adjustment to the transmission or perhaps a vacuum hose that's leaking, or something that I should go back to the mechanic to check. Also, I notice the "power" light, for the power shifting configuration, only comes on sporadically when it should; but my old transmission did the same.

Thanks guys

Reply to
abbottim

The "power" indicator must be constantly ON when the selector button is pushed in, othewise, the norm indicator must appear, unless the bulb is burned out. Next, make sure that the TV (kick-down) cable is attached to throttle control lever and/or does not have extensive slack. Check all wiring connectors on the transaxle. Note, however, that these are just general suggestions, because I have no idea why the orig. transaxle was replaced, have the ECT computer code scan been performed due to the shift problems,etc.

Reply to
Doctor J

Dont you have a warranty, use it,

Reply to