1990 Toyota Camry temperature question

I just replaced my thermostat with a 180 degree thermostat and am still having problems with my temperature. The gauge is still at halfway or a little past and I'm not sure what else would be causing the temperature be that high. Any suggestions??

Reply to
goheels219

are the radiator fans turning on? the guage at halfway should be normal. I'd get a thermometer that reads to 240 degrees and stick it in the radiator and see what the temp is when the thermostat opens. Make sure it really is opening!

Reply to
Eric F

In news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, goheels219 being of bellicose mind posted:

Partically clogged (mineral deposits) radiator core?

Are the cooling fans cycling frequently too?

Is the ignition timing set way later than the sticker spec?

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to