1993 camry is giving problem

I bought this 1993 camry a year back with 138K. Now, I have 134K. While driving yesterday all on a sudden it started shaking like my hood is loose. Accelaration was not working the way it used to. I press gas but it moves very slow. I drove to home with slow speed.

Next day I took the car out and tried to drive. Still the shaking and noising going on. I don't know anything about car. It feels like I am having problem shifting fron 1 to two an taking long time.

Could anybody advice what's going on and what should I do?

When it is shaking and making noise, it feels like the engine will stop and there is a gap on engine continuation. The shaking stats only when I put on gear/shift.

Reply to
Cool Guy

Take into a repaireshop would be smart rather than keep driving it. Could be timing belt lost a tooth - when was it changed last? - owners manual says every 60k miles. When was lst maintenance done on it - new plug wires, new plugs? Might also have one or more bad engine mounts to go along with other problems. Toyota will run for ever with proper maintenance.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Try driving the car more in the forward gears rather than reverse. ;o)

jim menning

Reply to
jim menning

You bought it with 138k now it has 134k, I have always said all that reverse driving screwsup cars every time, quit using the rear view mirror.

Reply to
m Ransley