1993 LE, disarming the door chime, integration relay

Hello,

I just inherited a 93 Camry LE (310,000km and still going strong). When the key is in the ignition, an alarm will sound whenever the door is open. I hate that.

I tracked the sound to the blue integration relay next to the fuse box. But does anyone know how to disarm JUST the door alarm, and nothing else? I see there are a number of fuses (30 to 40 amp, I think) surrounding the IR -- could one of them be just for the door chime? Or is the answer to remove the cover and kill the alarm from inside the IR?

If anyone has solved this annoying problem, I'd appreciate an answer.

Thanks, ND

Reply to
nemodat

And when you lock you keys inside.

Reply to
m Ransley

Duct tape on the door switch?

Reply to
mrdarrett

Reply to
nemodat

I thought about that, but this would interfere with the door-activated dome light. So, what I did was removed the blue relay integration box, opened it up, and located the "dinger." Then I got medieval on its *ss. It's a round black thing wired into a circuit board, so I just gnawed open its case and destroyed the inner workings, namely prying out a silver disc which proved a fatal blow.

Problem solved.

It used to be that those damn things were a separate, removable relay that could be taken care of in about 5 minutes by rooting around the underside of the dash. This endeavour took me about 2 hours by the time I finally figured it all out.

Reply to
nemodat