1994 Camry Alarm

I also have a stock alarm that goes off intermittently, and it chatters. I asked here about it earlier and unfortunately received no responses regarding disconnecting it. If that is not an option, what can be done about it? Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

___________________ Spammers Persecuted

Reply to
Huang Chung

I don't recall that there was facory installed alarm system on 94Camry. Do you know what brand/model this Alarm System is?

Reply to
IceMan

It is indeed a factory installed alarm. How would I find out who the Mfr is?

It's under the dash on the left side - where a kick panel would be, there is a bulge with a red switch, which temporarily deactivates the alarm, which usually causes a relay to click on and off somewhere behind the speedometer until I hit the red button again.

So, I have the option of continually reaching down for the red microswitch, hitting it with my left shoe while driving, or driving with the left door open, which for some reason causes the alarm not to go off and set off whatever is chattering.

Needless to say, this did not occur at the time of purchase, but about three months after (had the car about 7 months).

Bought the car in Tucson (it was manufactured in Japan). I live in Texas now, and Texas dealers do not have info on Jap manufactured cars, only in California.

H>I don't recall that there was facory installed alarm system on 94Camry.

___________________ Spammers Persecuted

Reply to
Huang Chung

Search web for installtion or how to instructions. Here is one:

IceMan

___________________ Spammers Persecuted

Reply to
Huang Chung