Audiovox Alarm operation ?

I have a Audiovox alarm I believe is an aftermarket unit on my '93 voyager.I bought the car with the alarm equipped - I asked the previous owner how the alarm worked and he told me "you don't want to know"! Well now I do want to know because that damn thing has a mind of its own and goes off about once a week -usually when I am entering the car- and I don't know how to shut it off. I usually let it time out -sometimes that will take about 10 min. There is a small toggle switch at the bottom of the dash that I keep turned off and I disconnected the grd wire from the the horn to keep that thing shut up. It has a 2 button remote and I think will also control the door locks. I would like to be able to use this alarm but I need some tips on how to arm it and how to disarm it and how to shut it off. I dont know the model no. - I may have to get under the dash to see if the unit has any numbers on it. I sure would appreciate any help or maybe just a general description of how these things are supposed to operate . Thanks for any tips. Alan

Reply to
aljewell

Did you ever think of contacting Audiovox? They could probably help you - but you would have to supply them with a model number or some other identifying feature. BTW, if it is on your '93 Voyager, it is an aftermarket unit.

Reply to
RPhillips47

I checked their website and they don't list one that matches my remote.It must be too old. You're right I will need to get under the dash and get a model number and email the company. I just thought I might attract someone that could give me a quick and dirty idea of how it was supposed to work. I have never had one before and I'm dumber than a stone on these things. Thanks for your response.

Alan

Reply to
aljewell