1995 Camry advice needed

Hi Guys can you give me some advice please?

I have a 1995 Camry with 178k on the clock. Every few days whilst driving, the red warning light shaped like a battery and the yellow light which appears to be the brake light warning come on simultaneously for around 5 seconds and then they go out again, no other symptoms are evident. Could this be the forerunner to a problem? Also I find the remote key door lock/unlock is getting very sluggish, sometimes I have to push the activator button on the key 5 or 6 times before getting a result I have changed the battery in the key but that has not helped. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Alex

Reply to
sandycruden

For the warning lights, replace the alternator brushes - by the time you get to 178k, they've simply worn down to the point they're only making intermittent contact. Not even necessary to remove the alternator from the car, just carefully remove the back cover: =============

Ed, ask for part number "27370-35060", this is brushes and holder, easiest way to go, retail is about $16 ============= For the remote activator button, you may just have to replace the unit, but first try removing the cover and spraying the contacts under the button with WD-40. Try to minimize overspray and then wipe dry surrounding area - worked for me.

Reply to
Daniel

Or try the other remote activator.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Wolfgang and Daniel

Thank you for your suggestions guys.........

Alex

Reply to
sandycruden