Car key has red light lit

Hello all

My car key (for a 02 reg Megane) has on a couple of occasions recently had the red light on it lit up - both times when I've first picked up the keys to go out in the morning. The light seems to go out when I use the key to remotely unlock the car - then stays out.

Is this a warning ? Is there a battery in the key - I've wondered if it's a low battery indication ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Adrian Featherstone

Reply to
Adrian Featherstone

I mean no offence but.....rtfm?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Well if its got a light coming on, its pretty safe to assume its getting the power from somewhere.

Don't know about it being a low battery thing, but sounds feasible

Reply to
DougP