1995 Camry brake question

I have a 1995 Camry (Australian build 4 cyl). I bought it second hand a few years ago and I've never been entirely happy with the braking. I feel the pedal pressure needed is too high. I've had the brake pads and the brake fluid replaced with out much improvement. Is this a common complaint in this model apart? from that it is a great motor car. I had occasion to rent a 2004 Camry for a few days some time back and the braking efficiency was excellent. when I got back in my own car I really noticed the difference.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated

Alex

Reply to
sandycruden

Something is amiss. Camry controls are characteristicly light. Although not common, sounds like the vacuum assisted power brake booster may not be functioning correctly. Also you said you changed the pads but not the rotors. Might try changing both to factory parts - they need to match for best efficiency. Not sure where to check for the vacuum brake booster - vacuum comes right off the intake manifold - make sure the vacuum hose is not blocked or obstructed and that the vacuum diaphragm inside the booster holds the vacuum without leaking.

Reply to
Daniel

Thank you Daniel I'll look into it a bit deeper

Regards Alex

Reply to
sandycruden