brake pads remaining

I just check my front brakes on my 2001 camry, there is approx 2-3 mm left before touching the brake pad wear limit indicators. Should I replace the pads now or should I wait a bit longer.

thanks for the advice

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
GL

The wear indicators, which are a good rule to go by, are set around 2/32" or about 1.5mm. You're getting close, but unless it's going to drive you crazy thinking about it you have a little ways to go before needing to replace them. Just be sure that you look at BOTH pads in the caliper, as they can wear at different rates.

Reply to
qslim

You can calculate on the wear rate using the last pad change mileage. I'd say about 5000 miles/mm for ceramic for typical driving. Again, your mileage may vary.

Reply to
johngdole