1995 Camry engine flooding

I have a 1995 Toyota Camry that is well maintained and serviced over the years. It has 144,000 miles on it and recently had a new head gasket, valves, water pump, radiator, heater hoses, PVC value, timing belt and struts replaced. For a week, it drove like heaven but out of nowhere stalled and has never restarted. Each time, I try to start it, the fuel injection system is flooded out with gas (heavy odor) and even though it fires, and putts like it is flooded, it then stops. My mechanic replaced the coolant temperature sensor and changed out the ECU because when he analyzed it with his computer, the results showed a

22 or 24 fault code suggesting that these changes be done. These changes did not eliminate the problem. Others have suggested that the fuel pump or fuel pump regulator might be the problem but so far my mechanic does not think so. Also, the distributor is less than a year old and seems to be working properly
Reply to
srob7

================ You've had a _lot_ of work done on that car. If your mechanic is stumped, I'd be willing to pay the diagnostic fee to the Toyota dealer hoping their model specific equipment and experience could more readily isolate the fault. No guarantee of course, but since they work with only Toyotas daily, even though you might be paying $80 or more would be worth it to me. However, make it very clear from the start that no additional work is to be performed without your prior approval.

Reply to
Daniel

Good Idea !!! Thanks alot

Reply to