2002 Camry - Steering Wheel "creak"

I have a creaking noise in my steering wheel in my 02 Camry. It happens mostly when I turn the wheel while the car is stopped such as manuevering out of a parking spot, or backing out of my garage, etc.

A local mechanic said it was probably the horn contacts. Said WD40 would cure. Anyone else experienced this?

Reply to
gameofball

Yeah,there is a TSB and we see tons of these every day in the DC area. If you follow the steering column under the dash it enters the engine compartment through a rubber boot about 3" in diameter. There's your creak. Pull the boot away from the column and spray some silicone inside. Should take care of it.

Reply to
qslim