2003 camry fluid leak center rear

I am visiting a friend on the east coast and we are digging out of the big snow that hit the mid-Atlantic states. (My car is not in a garage.) As we cleaned part of the driveway, I got in my car without cleaning it off to move it forward a bit. When I got out, I noticed a yellow (with possibly a slight green tint) discoloration of the snow that had packed under the center-rear of the car.

It wasn't much, but it is disconcerting. I scooped up some of the discolored snow and it had no odor that I could smell. It came from the area roughly centered between my back wheels. (I pulled forward, so no part forward of the back end of my car was over this area.) It didn't feel like oil, but my fingers were frozen at this point and I couldn't really tell.

I use red Toyota antifreeze, so I don't think it could be that. Plus that would be at the front (as would most of the usual suspects). What could leak from the center rear area of an '03 Camry? (It's 4- cylinder, FWIW.)

I don't want to drive it, even to a dealer/repair shop, if doing so might cause more damage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the source of the fluid?

TIA!

BTW, I hadn't cleaned off the car when I moved it the 12 feet or so, so there was 24+ inches of snow on it at the time.

Reply to
don foster

Are you sure its your car, yellow green sounds like antifreeze. Is the area under the rear seat, there is nothing yellow I can think of anywhere if you have red antifreeze, a 7yr old car oils are well darkened. Just check all the fluids, brake, power steering, trans but its likely not yours

Reply to
ransley

My guess is that it would be from a penis of a human child or a dog. You should have just left that stuff alone! OTOH, You could check the trunk for spills although I'm not sure if there would be any leaking even if you did find anything.

Reply to
dsi1

Okay, thanks!

I checked my fluids and all seem to be at the appropriate levels.

I didn't consider human/pet contributions. Ah, well.... But I will check for something in the trunk that might be leaking. I hadn't thought of that. Not sure how it would get out, but certainly worth a look.

Thanks again!

Reply to
don foster

You might have a dog check it out. If he tries to pee on it, it's probably doggie pee. If he tries to eat it, it's antifreeze. If he sniffs it and moves on, some kid relieved himself using your car as cover. ;-)

Reply to
dsi1

Odds are it's antifreeze from another car (but check yours just to make sure it *really* has the red stuff in it) or possibly, windshield washer fluid.

Reply to
Leftie