2003 Camry sloshing

My Camry makes a sloshing noise, it sounds like it is coming from the driver's side dash or the engine compartment on the driver's side. This happens only ocassionaly, but the weather is dry and the car runs fine. Just want to see if anyone else has heard this noise?

Reply to
higgledy

Check your transmission oil-level is correct.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

You're probably hearing the coolant from your AC system. If you can bear it, try running without the AC for a day and see if it stops.

You may also need a recharge, or perhaps a half pound of refrigerant added.

Open the hood and look for the receiver drier, usually in front of the radiator/condensor. It will have a blue or black plug in the top of it; pull the plug to reveal the sight glass. Start the car and get the AC cold. You should not see much of anything, or what looks like a steady stream. If you see bubbles or gaps, you need refilling.

On the newer cars the sight glass has been moved from the receiver drier and is behind the radiator, but I don't know where... :(

Reply to
hachiroku

Sounds like the drain for the AC is plugged. It exits the vehicle under the firewall, behind the engine on the passenger side. It's a rubber tube appx

3/8" in diameter and can be cleaned with a piece of wire by poking gently. HTH, davidj92
Reply to
davidj92

davidj92,

You are correct. Service man told me this is common on Camry but more often in spring and fall. Thanks. Higgledy

Reply to
higgledy