EGR Valve

My 2001 Camry is still under the 5 year powertrain warranty and the 8 year emissions system warranty. When my EGR valve failed (engine light came on) Toyota charged me $350 to replace it. Shouldn't this be a warranty repair? They told me the EGR valve was excluded from all warranties.

Thanks for any advice,

This may be my last Toyota...

Reply to
Joe Saxon

To the best of my knowledge the EGR is part of the emissions system. I think the dealer screwed you. I'll bet they also billed Toyota for the repair.

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Most definitely. The EGR is a BIG part of the emissions system and I believe is covered either 5 Y or 50,000. May even be 7 Y. So, if you have less than 50,000 miles, call the RMV/DMV in your state and ask them howw long emissions are covered. I believe it is a Federal law...

Reply to
hachiroku

Reply to
Dreams

I have sent an e-mail to Toyota about " Whether the EGR belong to the "specified major emission control components are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles."or not."

Dreams