2003 LE -- Front stabilizer bar bushing removal

Has anyone replaced the front stabilizer bar bushings in the current gen of Camry 2003-2006? The bracket bolts point upward in a tight clearance area. There is also a metal crimp alongside the bushings.

Would it be worth it to change to polyurethane/polygraphite bushings in order to reduce body sway and improve the soft handling? Looking for feedback from those who actually made the change.

The rear bushings look easy, but the fronts are another story.

Reply to
Ron

I have not looked at the front sway bar bushings on the current generation of Camrys so I can't provide you with hints regarding removal and replacement.

I doubt if changing sway bar bushings will have a noticeable effect on handling because they are only there to locate the sway bar and keep it from banging on the undercarriage. You will have to replace the sway bar with a larger diameter bar to reduce body sway.

Reply to
Ray O