2004 Camry Driver Seat

I'm having a safety problem with my 2004 Camry. My driver seat is sliding. I took it to the Toyota dealership to complain and they fixed, they said "it was a loose bolt". 2 months later, the same thing

happened and they said that the tracking (left side tracking) for my seat is defective and the only thing that's keeping my seat from totally sliding is the right side fo the seat. They told me that I need to replace it and it'll cost me about $1500. If it's defective, why am I liable for it? I'm 5'1, 110 pounds, there's no way I can brake my car seat tracking. I told them not to replace it and I'm going to get a second opinion.

Before I file a complaint and open a case with Toyota, is there anyone else experiencing the same problem I'm having with the driver seat?

Reply to
Amy from VA

There was a problem with the 97-01 Camry driver seat tracks at one time also. I made the selling dealer fix my used 97 before I paid for it. Sounds like the seat track is defective. Where are you in Virginia, I may be able to recommend an honest dealership.

Reply to
badgolferman

The car is warranted for defects in materials or workmanship for 3 years or

36,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the date of first use. If the car is still within the warranty period, the repair should be covered by warranty. If the car is outside the warranty period, then the manufacturer's obligation for warranty repairs is finished. Unfortunately, there are no original parts covered by a "lifetime" warranty," although shock absorbers and exhausts replaced at a dealership and paid for by the customer are covered by a lifetime warranty for the buyer.

That said, you can ask the dealership for goodwill assistance, particularly if the original repair attempt was during the warranty period and you had your complaint noted in writing during the warranty period.

Reply to
Ray O