2004 Camry LE - restraint system icon lit... 18.000 mi - no accidents

I noticed last night that the restraint system icon - (little red guy with seatbelts and a big beachball in his lap) is constantly lit. Dunno why. The book is no help... just says take to a Toyota dealer immediately. It's only got 18,000 miles on it, and we've been in no accidents... I'm sure it's covered under warranty, but it's a day out of my sechedule. Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve Henderson

Reply to
Steve Henderson

Probably the clockspring or other problem for the airbag. Might check fuses first.

Reply to
Art

Ok - I called the dealer and he said to look under two front seats for any foreign material... I found a few things - nothing that looked like it might be shorting out any sensors... but there WAS a plastic-coated coat hanger under the driver's seat - didn't look like it was shorting out, but I took it out anyway, and the warning light no longer stayed lit the next time I turned the key on. Still don't know what was happening, but it's gone now, and I haven't wasted a day taking the car in etc., so I'm a happy camper.

Reply to
Steve Henderson