87 Camry CV joints noisy

Am looking to get another 6 to 9 months out of this car. The joints have been clicking for over 6 months....with no effect on steering etc. My question: Can I continue to use the car locally until I feel an effect on steering, or is this a dangerous condition. Car runs well except for the clicking sounds and no air conditioning ......and would like to save almost $400 on repairs till I get rid of it. Also, would greasing the joints (the covers are torn) keep them going a bit longer. Thanks for any practical advice.

Marty

Reply to
Marty009

CV joint or ball joint?

Reply to
O.B.

steering

on

almost

advice.

Too hard to estimate,..if its all sealed roads without lots of turning corners,..they may well make it,.. Usually they start chattering in a straight line when they are about to fail. In that event the balls fall out and drive is lost to that wheel.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Noise is from the CV joints....not ball joints. The noise is only when making turns.....no noise when traveling straight ahead.

Marty

Reply to
Marty009