94 Camry air bag light on

I had to remove the fuse from my air bag for another use...then drove the car (with the fuse removed) to a parts house to get another. Now after replacing the fuse the air bag light is on continuously. How do I reset the light and is my bag system still "armed" though the light is still on? Thanks.

Reply to
landlrd2

The system is not armed when that light is on. You may try disconnecting the - battery cable for several minutes to clear the system memory. Otherwise its dealer scan tool time.

Reply to
qslim

My '93 did same thing when I disconnected the battery to install a cd changer. Dealer has to reset it - cost me $26 and took maybe 6 minutes total. Must be a dealer money tree for those of us who try to do our own work.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Treat air bags as explosive devices. Try not to tamper with that circuit. Copied this from a past posting. It may help you. Refers to the diagnostic link connector under the hood:

Use two short grounding wires, one at TC and one at AB, then

I approximated the time between grounding TC AND AB (roughly .5 to 1 sec) and then held Tc to ground and the light flashed continously..I removed the ground from TC and Voila' problem solved.I took me two tries....not too bad.Thanks Alot.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus