87 Camry - heating/cooling fan & manual window problems

87 camry - 209K miles - 4 cylinder - automatic transmission - car runs well

Hi Folks:

I need pointers on couple of 'pesky' problems on my 87 Camry:

1) Heating/Cooling fan: This has 4 settings - LO, I, II and HI Since a few years it wouldn't work on LOW setting. Now all of a sudden even the next setting (I) does not work. II and HI still work. I would like to fix it if possible .. can you help me ..

- what part should I replace ?

- where should I open this from ? is it glove compartment screws ? Also .. can I do this myself .. I am not too good with my hands .. can open things but find it hard to put it back together.

2) Driver side Window (it is manual) does not roll up/down smoothly anymore: I got this problem about a year back .. back then sprayed some lubricant on window edges and rolled it up and down. Seemed to help. Now all of a sudden it has gone worse. I checked with a parts store .. they told me there is no such assembly they sell, except for the handle. Note .. all three other windows work fine.

Any pointers on how I can alleviate this problem ?

Many thanks for your assistance

-- Bill

Reply to
techtrainer61

Probably the resistor pack. Usually mounted on the blower motor housing. I believe it's a $10-20 part.

See Figure 4:

Check for loose/worn components. Clean and lube.

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks very much for the diagram link for window problem.

For resistor pack .. can you guide me how do I access it ? Will it be through the glove compartment screws ?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

techtrainer61