88 Camry Power Windows/Door Locks

Stopped working out of the blue.. Check fuses and changed relay. still nothing. Found another post that I cannot relocate. Where is the Gauge Fuse located? Figured probably not the motor because all four went out at the same time. Am I correct in assuming this?

Reply to
lilhazee1

Make: TOYOTA Model: CAMRY Affected Year(s): 1987 1988 1989 1990 Units Affected: 38787

TC Recall #: 1992124 Manufacturer: Campaign Code: 66

Recall Details CERTAIN RELAYS IN THE POWER DOOR LOCK ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT (ECU) MAY FAIL, CAUSING THEIR CONTACTS TO "WELD", RESULTING IN DOOR LOCK SOLENOID DAMAGE, POSSIBLY PREVENTING THE LOCKING OR UNLOCKING OF THE DOOR, EVEN UNDER MANUAL OPERATION. THIS WOULD PREVENT AN OCCUPANT FROM BEING ABLE TO EXIT THE VEHICLE. CORRECTION: AN ADDITIONAL SUB-CIRCUIT INCLUDING THE RELAYS TO THE ECU WILL BE INSTALLED ON AFFECTED VEHICLES.

Reply to
DSPL

If both windows and door locks stopped working at the same time, then you are correct in assuming something common. It would be easier if you had a manual with the circuit diagram. John

Reply to
Johnnyboy