88 camry stalls

1988 toyota camry 2.0 auto 210K miles Passed smog inspection yesterday, today started went about 2 miles engine stalled, will run IF I do not use the throdle, had to nurse it home at 1200 pm. If I try and give it gas in neutral or drive it quits In netrual if I very slowly give it gas the rpm's will go up 3-4K or more IAC ?????
Reply to
sqdancerLynn

A bad or wet coil will do that, coil issues are real common of that era. I had that issue undiagnosed for years, it was my coil and simply a loose distributor cap letting in moisture that only shorted out as it warmed up, after it sat hot for an hour it was Ok.

Reply to
m Ransley

Coil was bad Thanks

Reply to