89 Camry Sedan Shifting Noise

I recently was given a 1989 Camry Sedan with about 206,600 miles on it (4cyl standard).

It runs well, after replacing the ignition coil (the common wet-start problem that I've seen in this group in the past) and a brake job.

The problem I'm having now is a rather loud thump if I'm not really ginger when declutching into second gear. I sounds as if it's coming from the passenger side, but I'm not positive whether it's front or rear.

What sould be causing this problem and what would it take to repair?

It performs quite well for its age and mileage, but I would rather not take any chances.

Any help anyone could provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Jason snipped-for-privacy@insight.rr.com

Reply to
Jason

Motor mount?